What is Magnesium Glycinate?
Magnesium is a vital mineral used in many biological processes. It is an essential for neuroplasticity and ATP generation, both crucial for learning, memory, and cognitive function. Magnesium supplementation can aid with age-related cognitive decline and anyone looking to improve their cognition, learning, recall, and memory.
Magnesium has an essential role in brain plasticity. Memories fade when these signaling pathways are disrupted. And you begin to forget basic information such as people’s names and phone numbers. Learning and memory are produced by your brain’s ability to build new connections between neurons.
- Improves Memory (long term)
- Relieves Depression
- Relieves Symptoms of ADHD
Additionally, magnesium benefits the following:
- Neuroplasticity: It controls the ion channels in brain cells. These tiny electrical switches control the transmission of electrical signals within and between neurons. Directly regulating learning and memory.
- Brain Energy: Magnesium is necessary for ATP synthesis. It’s needed for the Krebs cycle that turns sugar and fat from your diet into ATP. The primary fuel source produced within mitochondria in brain cells.
- Neuroprotectant: Low levels of magnesium in your diet correlate to a high incidence of neurodegenerative disease.